The importance of cybersecurity has become increasingly prevalent in media, conversations, and business. Major software companies have been hit with fines from breaches and millions of users data has been exposed illegally. This year marks the 15th anniversary of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month. Here at HHS Solutions, we have pooled together some resources that we hope will help people become more familiar with best practices in using technology.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has put together some resources that you may find useful: https://www.dhs.gov/national-cyber-security-awareness-month
They have Broken the month into 4 week sections each trying to tackle a different aspect of cybersecurity:
- Making your home online activity safer
- Everyone is responsible for online safety
- Safeguarding the Nation.
5-Laws of Cyber Security TEDx Talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nVq7f26-Uo
- If there is a Vulnerability it will be exploited
- Everything is vulnerable in some way
- Humans trust even when they shouldn’t
- With Innovation comes opportunity for exploitation
- When in doubt, see law No. 1
Don’t Trust Cables: https://blog.knowbe4.com/knowbe4s-chief-hacking-officer-kevin-mitnick-demonstrates-the-usb-ninja-cable-attack
- Try to use main brand chords
- Pay attention to prompts when you plug in a device on a computer